Calf swelling

Welcome Forums Community Forum Calf swelling

• This topic is empty.
  • Creator
    Topic
  • #783 Reply
    Jo H

I am eight weeks since grade4 tpf, had surgery grafts and metal work. I am now fully weight bearing and using crutches when outside. I am experiencing swelling to the mid calf section making it difficult to walk. Doing physio and stretching the calf muscle but wondered why the swelling occurring, thought it might be due to soft tissue injury.
    Feeling very frustrated reading how long it takes to recover from this injury. Keep leg elevated when sat to help with healing.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
    • #810 Reply
      Danielle

I feel ya. I know it can be frustrating!!! I started a praise journal of all the new accomplishments and stayed focused on them instead of what I couldn’t do. I had extreme lower leg ankle and foot swelling and tightness. Check out the posts in foot circulation.
      Also I have experienced pain, tightness and swelling in other areas of my leg and so have others that I talked to. My friend is a personal trainer and suffered a quad injury. He said all those muscles in the whole leg, feet etc have not been stretched or used and they are going to feel it. Some ppl experience it in different areas. Or it seems for me, that the areas are always changing. One gets better and then I get a new one to stretch and work on

Just be mindful of symptoms for blood clots but my doc said the more you are up and moving the less likely you will get them

Try to relax and stay positive and thankful for the good. You will be noticing many new accomplishments at this stage!!!

Viewing 0 reply threads
Reply To: Calf swelling
Your information: