Stuck at 80

Welcome Forums Community Forum Stuck at 80

• This topic is empty.
  • Creator
    Topic
  • #3357 Reply
    Sandra

Hi to all,
    I have been in a full leg cast for 6 wks then a hinged cast for almost 2 wks & I am stuck at 80.My OS wants me to be at 120 in just over 2wks time when I see him again.
    I have been doing all the stretches as advised but cannot seem to budge it past 80.I have had no physiotherapy and I am unsure what to expect or how quickly/slowly bending should progress.I was a fit & healthy 51 year old before this happened & love hiking so want to do all I can to recover as fully as possible.
    Feeling frustrated,help!
    Wishing good luck to all

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
    • #6121 Reply
      Sandra

Hi again,despite all best efforts by PT and myself I am still at about 80° almost 6 months since accident.PT thinks it is scar tissue that is stopping my ROM and causing pain.I have been referred back to my OS with a view to removing scar tissue or manipulation under anaesthesia.Has anyone else had this procedure and what was the outcome.
      I am a bit anxious about surgery but hopefully this will allow me to progress more quickly and let me get my life back.I think the scar tissue problem is the result of being in a full cast for 6 weeks then a hinged cast for 6 weeks and only starting g physiotherapy at 12 weeks.Any thoughts or information on my situation will be greatly appreciated. My PT is very encouraging but it would be great to hear from anyone who has experienced a similar situation.
      Very best wishes to all in your recovery.
      Sandra

• #4071 Reply
      Jeremy

I have the same issue, 5 months since surgery and am stuck around 80. I have 4-5 plates and a ton of pins which is starting to concern me that they may be contributing to my knee restriction. Also I am having a hard time finding exercises at home that help me pressure my ROM at that degree.

• #4000 Reply
      Eileen

Hi Clare,

You may want to check your brace. Importantly, be patient with the allowed ROM so that bone and tendon heal.

Eileen

• #3995 Reply
      Clare

Hi,
      I’m also struggling to extend my ROM to the maximum my hinged brace now allows. Also I’m finding that the reading is different on the inside and outside dials. Is this normal or have I done something wrong when putting the brace on?

• #3382 Reply
      Sandra

Hi Eileen,
      Thanks for your advice,I will add that to my exercise regime.
      I think it has stretched a tiny bit further today and in all honesty I may be expecting things to move too quickly.
      Using all the tips I have gleaned from this site should do the job for me.
      I am maybe a wee bit impatient with myself!!
      Thanks again & I hope you are well into your recovery.
      Sandra

• #3369 Reply
      Eileen

Sandra,

Constantly challenge the edge of your range, and, just as importantly, either lie down and roll on a hard foam roller, or use a rolling pin or other object to roll the tight tendon or muscle in the direction of your heart. Rolling stretches the without the pull back. You may find more and better information online.

Best of healing,

Eileen

Viewing 5 reply threads
Reply To: Reply #4000 in Stuck at 80
Your information:

Cancel