Reply To: Just diagnosed with tpf

Welcome Forums Community Forum Just diagnosed with tpf Reply To: Just diagnosed with tpf

Julie

Thank Heaven I spotted this site. I have been feeling so alone.
I had a fall in late February and have only just been diagnosed with a non-displaced TPF (July). when I was taken to the hospital in February I was x-rayed and told I probably had a meniscus tear, they gave me crutches and told me to walk normally but to take some of the weight on the crutches to stablise me since my knee was collapsing under me. In May I went back to the Dr because I was in so much pain and still had lots of swelling. He sent me for an MRI which confirmed the meniscus tear and also a possible TPF, they recommended a CT scan. I had the CT in June which confirmed the TPF and my Dr just received the results last week. I am now on the waiting list to see an orthopaedic surgeon at the local hospital and to visit the fracture clinic. In the meantime I have been told nothing as to what to do, can I walk on it? Should I be elevating it? Do I wear a brace? Should I be driving my manual car? Nothing!
I understand that in the grand scale of things mine is a relatively minor form of TPF but I am concerned that I have been walking around on it for the last 4 months. It is apparently healing but obviously not well.