Reply To: Foot ligament irritation

Welcome Forums Community Forum Foot ligament irritation Reply To: Foot ligament irritation

Dave

Just for background, the more I walk and exercise, the more I realise the importance of developing the rolling walk off the ball of your foot and that is when I feel the pain. I think we really push off the ball of our feet when we walk more than we think, otherwise we limp. That and going up and down stairs where you either push off the ball of your foot going up or start and land on the ball of your foot going down. More exercise might well be the answer, but there is still pain and swelling around the top of the foot. My consultant suggested they may have disturbed the various drainage systems which is why the swelling. My fracture was a medial, fairly high energy, but fortunately all the cartilages are ok. Lots of interesting metal work and the X-rays are very interesting. When they moved the peroneal nerve bundle and other tissue to fit the metalwork, I had no feeling on the top of the foot for about three weeks. I still do have some weakness in the calf muscle which I am working on. Better and stronger flexion should help. D