Reply To: Tibial Spine Avulsion

Welcome Forums Community Forum Tibial Spine Avulsion Reply To: Tibial Spine Avulsion

Tom Arnold

Yep, my diagnosis is: Right knee injury with vertical shear medial femoral condyle and medial tibial plateau fracture with involvement of posterior tibital spine and anterior tibital spine.

Happened two weeks ago, and since then I’ve been in a full leg cast with NWB for 6 weeks (no surgery). Had x-rays today and the doctor said it’s healing really well, so after the 6 weeks (4 more weeks to go) they will remove the cast and replace it with a brace set to 20 degrees and gradually increase weight bearing and movement.

So I was really happy with the news today, particularly when they said that it wouldn’t need surgery and that I should regain full strength and ROM. Hooray! Plus I have stopped having to take the morphine, so I can finally concentrate properly on talking, reading, and writing. Definitely lots of positive stuff going on. And my wheelchair arrives tomorrow so I’ll be able to go much further when I decide to go out with my wife and daughters. 🙂