Reply To: User Stories

Welcome Forums Community Forum User Stories Reply To: User Stories

Jan

Hi
My story is not as exciting as some of the others. I broke my tibia plateau on June 20, 2014(bicondylar V). I was shopping and tripped on some boxes in an aisle. I never knew shopping could be so dangerous. I am only 5’3″ so I didn’t fall a great distance but oh what a fall it was. Spent 11 days in the hospital, two surgeries, two plates and eleven screw.

These last eleven weeks have been a roller coaster of emotions and pain. I heard so much bad news that when I heard good news I couldn’t tell the difference. I am not an emotional person but I have cried every day. My world this summer has shrunk to only getting out to doctors appointments and a few in and out errands.

The first six weeks I must have taken a dump truck of pain meds and now I am down to Tylenol extra strength. I still have pain and numbness and sleeping has been hard but today my doctor told me I can begin walking again with the aid of a walker. I was so happy when he told me that. He told me to be careful keep safety in mind because the fractures are not completely healed and he didn’t want to get a call from me saying that I fell and my leg broke. What he didn’t tell that how hard learning to walk again was going to be. I thought it would be one foot in front of the other but it isn’t easy. I could barely put any weight on my foot without pain….when does the pain end? I knew this was a devastating injury when the ER doctor wished me luck but I never thought that it would be the hardest thing I have ever done.

Thanks for hearing my story…my road to walking starts now!