Reply To: running

Welcome Forums Community Forum running Reply To: running

Brian

Hi All…i just wanted to add some input from my personal experience. This is all POSITIVE STUFF because after i had my surgury, i had a hard time finding positive stuff on the internet…so i stopped looking and decided i’d write my own ending.

I don’t know what “grade” my TPF was, but i do know that it was a displaced fracture that required surgury (bone graft/pins/plate/screws). I was non weight bearing for 6 weeks, out of work for 3 months and an incredible amount of phyical therapy just to learn how to walk again as an adult.

IF YOU WANT SOMETHING BAD ENOUGH, YOU NEED TO WORK HARD AND FIND DOCTORS THAT SUPPORT WHAT YOU WANT. I went through 3 doctors after my surgery until I found one that I could work with. My Physical Therapist was one i had used for a previous injury and knew she would totally support me. Don’t take NO or CAN’T for an answer from ANYONE and that includes family. There’s going to be pain, there’s going to be discomfort and there are going to be times when you just sit down and cry. Push through it and see the big picture. Set a series of managable goals and one crazy goal. I have had the amazing opportunity to become an IRONMAN since having TPF surgery (my crazy goal). It has taken me over 2 years to make this dream a reality, but it has been worth every step of the way and all the hard work it took to get there.

I’ve been through a lot with this injury from physical to emotional and I LOVE talking to other people about how to overcome things. Please feel free to contact me at any time if you want more input or just want someone to talk to.

Brian
[email protected]