Reply To: Another tpf

Welcome Forums Community Forum Another tpf Reply To: Another tpf

Dlesley

Hi Karen,
My tpf was also a dog injury. My hefty staffy cross ran full pelt into my left leg July 9th. I was misdiagnosed initially and waited 2 weeks and 2 days for similar surgery – grafts, a plate and 6 screws. I am almost 10 weeks post surgery and struggling to walk. My leg refuses to bend so ROM is not great and then the converse – I cant straighten it to walk so I look as if I have a permanently bent knee. I am trying hard each day to build up the strength in my upper leg but like you feel I have been let down by poor follow up physio. Are you in the UK? I think physio is a post code lottery here. Even the surgeon agreed that the follow up was not as good as it should be ! I have had one appointment so far and I have another next week. I have no idea if I am doing the exercises correctly etc. I have decided to seek some private physio at a sports clinic I have attended before as I do not feel my recovery is as good as it could be. I am older at 58 so progress could be genuinely slower but I want to be walking better and sooner than currently. I find stairs difficult so am still living downstairs. My goal is to make it to the top of the stairs, sleep in my bed and have a long hot shower. Good to have goals however small! I wish you all the best in your recovery.
Lesley