Reply To: Grade VI TPF

Welcome Forums Community Forum Grade VI TPF Reply To: Grade VI TPF

Lesley

Hi Jo,
Thank you for your words of encouragement. I am making slow progress and I can walk around the house unaided now. I still rely on crutches for longer distances but I am getting there. I have some private physio booked for tomorrow with a really good sports physio I have been to before with my Achilles. I am hopeful he will be able to get me moving more freely again. I have had a poor experience with follow up physio on the NHS. I live in Luton and even my surgeon agreed the physio is not as good as he would like. He talked about going twice a week. I have been twice in 6 weeks! Now I am going to pay but I feel it will be worth it just to get my leg a little straighter!
I have been to work this morning – I am a teacher – and I have handed in my resignation. I have decided to take early retirement from December. The Head was pleased to see me but he agreed with my decision. Teaching is for fit people. I teach exam English and I do not want to go back to those endless hours of prep and marking. I will be 58 next month and I have been a teacher for 36 years in between 3 children. I want some ME time so I can recover fully without the stress of achieving targets and excessive workload. I have done my bit for the nation’s youth. I will survive on my pension and I will be happy. I may even do some supply work when I get my leg back and if I need some extra money.
It was good to hear from you. This site has been my guide for the past 3 months and I feel as if I have made some new friends albeit in distressing circumstances. You are right about being patient. That’ s why I am retiring. I will have the time to recover without rushing it.
Very best wishes to you and good luck with work.
Lesley