Reply To: User Stories

Welcome Forums Community Forum User Stories Reply To: User Stories

Jennifer

On 2/28/14(Friday evening)I was jogging at my crossfit gym when I heard a pop in my right leg and went down. I thought I tore something(acl/mcl/meniscus) and waited until Monday to see an OS. He sent me to get an MRI and found out about the FTP. I complained to the OS that I was unable to flex my foot upward, numbness around my shin, and my calf was really tight. He sent me to get an ultrasound to make sure I didn’t have a blood clot. Luckily, there was no blood clot and I had arthroscopic surgery on 3/11/14 to get a pin implanted. I started PT on 4/3/14 with 25% weight bearing. I found out that I was not able to flex my foot and toes up due to nerve damage. Last week, I was able to flex my foot at 10-15% but not my toes. The most frustrating part of all has been getting back the ROM, which I am relieved to know I am not the only one(based on others stories on here). I am at about 100 but it seems like my knee will not budge any further and I am desperate to get to 120 or whatever degree so I can do squats again. Also, I am barely able to get my foot to rest flat on the floor while standing up. My knee also has a slight bend as well. Is it true that if I can’t get full ROM back after 6-8 weeks post op then I will be stuck like this forever?