Reply To: Stuck at 60 and a foot problem as well now!!!

Welcome Forums Community Forum Stuck at 60 and a foot problem as well now!!! Reply To: Stuck at 60 and a foot problem as well now!!!

Lesley

Hello Pamela,
I can sense the frustration in your post but you are really in the very early stages at a month after surgery. I have learned how debilitating a tpf can be and I am still working on getting back to normal seven months post op. I am now waiting for hardware removal as my plate and screws are now causing me more pain despite the fact that my fracture is now healed. It is the knock on effects to other parts of the body that I have found I have to keep working on such as a tight hamstring and tight calf muscles especially after walking. I can’t quite straighten my leg so I know I am not walking properly and this causes tightness around the knee. However, I am driving again, I use my exercise bike daily now with tension and I have bought a treadmill to work on the walking. Patience and perseverance are the key words. Keep doing what you are doing and you will notice the small changes but they will be small. Each week that passes you will see improvements and you will get there. It will just take time. Try to stay positive as that is also an important part of the recovery. I wish you the very best of luck with your healing.
Best wishes
Lesley (UK)