another tpf person

Welcome Forums Community Forum another tpf person

• This topic is empty.
  • Creator
    Topic
  • #2526 Reply
    Rachel

Hi All,
    I’m wanting to join the forum here and get some support. I had surgery last week and the pain and situations of immobility are awful. Where is the best place to connect here? I couldn’t see a way for me to post in the story topic, is that the best place to start?
    Very grateful to have found this resource!
    Rachel

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
    • #2625 Reply
      Eileen

Jay Jay,

I was several hours writhing in post-op calmly repeating, “Help me Jesus; help me Lord.” I don’t know how I could have endured that pain, or the awful weeks following surgery, or the disappointments of today, without the peace that comes with faith. In I thank God for the grace that sees me through.

Eileen

• #2553 Reply
      Jay Jay

Welcome Rachel-
      So sorry about you injury. However you are at a good site for support.

I also have great support from my family and friends, but most importantly, my faith. Without my faith in Christ, I don’t know how I would have overcome this injury.

Wish you the best of healing.

• #2552 Reply
      Jay Jay

Welcome Rachel-
      So sorry about you injury. However you are at a good site for support. Wish you the beat in healing.

• #2533 Reply
      Eileen

Rachel,

Welcome, and I’m so sorry you are here. Lesley gave some good advice. I would add that it does get easier. My surgery was only 3 months ago, and I am doing so much better. When things got dark and difficult I leaned on faith, friends, and family.

To navigate the site, you can begin by reading the “Tips and Tricks” and other items on the top bar. Scan the “Welcome” and “Recovery” posts. Then look through the interesting topic threads.

Good healing,
      Eileen

• #2528 Reply
      Lesley

Welcome Rachel,
      This site is amazing for tips, good advice and for making you feel you are not alone. I am 7 weeks post surgery and still have a long way to go. Physio starts next Tuesday and my leg brace comes off next Thursday. I had no idea about a tpf until I read the stories on this site. My dog caused mine by running into me at speed- not as uncommon as you might think! I was NWB for 6 weeks and have been PWB for one so taking things very slowly to aid the recovery. Don’t be reticent about asking friends and family to help all they can and follow the advice from your consultant. Be prepared to watch a lot of television – good time to catch up on those box sets you always wanted to watch. The best thing I have at my disposal is my I pad and I never thought I would ever say that but it has been at my side since I had my accident on 9th July.

Best wishes for your recovery.
      Lesley (UK)

Viewing 4 reply threads
Reply To: Reply #2625 in another tpf person
Your information:

Cancel