Injury from jogging 31 years old

Welcome Forums Community Forum Injury from jogging 31 years old

• This topic is empty.
  • Creator
    Topic
  • #618 Reply
    Jennifer

On 2/28/14(Friday evening)I was jogging at my crossfit gym when I heard a pop in my right leg and went down. I thought I tore something(acl/mcl/meniscus) and waited until Monday to see an OS. He sent me to get an MRI and found out about the FTP. I complained to the OS that I was unable to flex my foot upward, numbness around my shin, and my calf was really tight. He sent me to get an ultrasound to make sure I didn’t have a blood clot. Luckily, there was no blood clot and I had arthroscopic surgery on 3/11/14 to get a pin implanted. I started PT on 4/3/14 with 25% weight bearing. I found out that I was not able to flex my foot and toes up due to nerve damage. Last week, I was able to flex my foot at 10-15% but not my toes. The most frustrating part of all has been getting back the ROM, which I am relieved to know I am not the only one(based on others stories on here). I am at about 100 but it seems like my knee will not budge any further and I am desperate to get to 120 or whatever degree so I can do squats again. Also, I am barely able to get my foot to rest flat on the floor while standing up. My knee also has a slight bend as well. Is it true that if I can’t get full ROM back after 6-8 weeks post op then I will be stuck like this forever?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Replies
    • #851 Reply
      Kate_P

I have 133 degrees flexion and I still can’t do squats! I think it’s because of the hardware in place, probably would need to get it removed in order to squat. Stick with the PT and take painkillers beforehand, it definitely helps. I have found that the most comfortable way to increase ROM is in the pool, for some reason it doesn’t hurt as much. If you have access to a pool I highly recommend it.

• #822 Reply
      Kristi

Hi. I had TPF injury while running as well at 36 yo. You really have to keep pushing your flexing. I sometimes took painkillers before pt so I could push harder. I probably worked on it for an hour, if not more, each day. I do have my range of motion back but I still have to keep flexing it or I lose it again. I am 8 months post op. I think there is a procedure that they put you under and then force the flex in your knee. I really didn’t want to go that route so I don’t know much about it. I do think that can help though if you aren’t successful in pt.
      Good luck!

Viewing 1 reply thread
Reply To: Reply #822 in Injury from jogging 31 years old
Your information:

Cancel