INTRA- ARTICULAR MEDIAL TIBIAL PLATEAU FRACTURE

Welcome Forums Community Forum INTRA- ARTICULAR MEDIAL TIBIAL PLATEAU FRACTURE

• This topic is empty.
  • Creator
    Topic
  • #1884 Reply
    Mauri

injured playing coed softball fell very hard while running ive had numbness and tingling from knee down in both legs since 3/14 nobody can seem to tell me why other than in my right leg my peroneal nerve is borderline abnormal and my left leg my sural nerve is abnormal. The last tournament I fell 5 or 6 times in one day couldnt figure out why i just thought my legs were getting weak. My doctor decided to do an mri to see if there was any nerve entrapment instead he found a medial tibial plateau fracture which extends my metadiaphysis through the physes into the epiphysis violating the articular surface with no measureable depression of the tibial articular surface with surrounding bone marrow edema and contusion in the medial tibial plateau. (mri) i had a ct 3d restoration view which read no fracture my physician called the radiologist had a dr reread it so we would know which was correct before i go to orthopedic tomorrow she read it the same as the mri was read. Primary physician stated to stay on crutches for 4 to 8 weeks. does this sound serious? anyone have any knowledge on this?

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
    • #1885 Reply
      Susan

Course, I’m not a doctor, but if it was me, I’d believe the MRI and orthopedist. Sounds like you have an appointment tomorrow and I’ll bet you’ll learn more. Sounds serious enough! Listen to your body and stay off that leg until you can get the medical people, and what your body is telling you, ON THE SAME PAGE. And if that doesn’t happen pronto, then please get another medical opinion. It’s definitely not normal for an active athlete like you to keep falling down. Do you not have much pain? I worry that you will further injure that knee and end up immobile like many of us currently are! Now, admittedly, I am a ‘newbie’ in that my injury is only a month old. But I’ve learned to take it slow and easy, because these are serious injuries that take a lot of time to heal. Good luck with your appointment. Make a list for the doc, and let us know how it went.

Viewing 0 reply threads
Reply To: Reply #1885 in INTRA- ARTICULAR MEDIAL TIBIAL PLATEAU FRACTURE
Your information:

Cancel