Need Help regarding recovery

Welcome Forums Community Forum Need Help regarding recovery

• This topic is empty.
  • Creator
    Topic
  • #2337 Reply
    Christina

Hi,

I was hoping there would be some people out here that could give me advice who have maybe been in my situation. So I have a TPF I’m about 9 weeks out from my injury.It was a non-displace fracture and no surgery required. I had xrays done about 3 weeks ago and the doctor told me to start weight bearing in another 3 weeks (so 12 weeks total after injury). He told me to see a physiotherapist which I have started doing. So my questions are when I start weight bearing do I still wear my brace? How quickly do I add the weight? Will my physio tell me? I have no more doctors appointments as I am visiting in the USA and have no insurance and they will not see me anymore as already owe $12,000. Any adivice about my next phases of recovery would be so helpful. Thanks all.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
    • #2338 Reply
      LisaB

Hi Christina – Hope this helps – Fell off a mountain (rockfall), and injured -I have a tibia spine avulsion fracture, also, no surgery. I was injured on 7/13/2014 and was told to remove my brace (hinged DONJOY brace) at 6 weeks.

Week 6: I removed my brace, and started walking on two crutches, trying to put 25% on my injured knee.
      Week 7: I am walking on one crutch, and putting 75% on my injured knee. My right knee is the injured one; I was told to use the left crutch.
      PT started week 6: I am doing the following: 30x leg lifts 3x/day,,, 30x quad muscle tightening, 30x, 3x/day, constant ROM to get past 90 degrees…. and ice 5x/day

So far, so good – I can actually walk without crutches and am improving rapidly.

Best of Health, Christina – you have been so helpful to others on this site.

Viewing 0 reply threads
Reply To: Reply #2338 in Need Help regarding recovery
Your information:

Cancel