Physio may close / any online resources / or home case in the GTA (Toronto)?

Welcome Forums Community Forum Physio may close / any online resources / or home case in the GTA (Toronto)?

• This topic is empty.
  • Creator
    Topic
  • #110524 Reply
    Ali

hi,

6 weeks post surgery, supposed to move from a full leg zimmer to a flex (bendy) brace next week, and presumably start some sort of physio.

However, given the C19 restrictions, many of my local physio clinics are either closed, or plan to.

Question: Would you know of any online resources I could use to do physio at home by myself, or with a family member helping me?

Question: Would you know of any at-home physio service providers in the GTA (Toronto) area?

Thank you

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
    • #110532 Reply
      Julia

You can very easily do home PT exercises. Quad contractions and leg lifts; VMO contraction; glute squeezes even while sitting/lying down; ankle pumps to keep flexibility and circulation. There are standing exercises too, but get professional advice. The ones I mentioned you can’t hurt yourself 🙂

My Chicago area PT providers are offering on-line sessions. The also sent links to my phone with the exercises to do at home. They have the photos demonstrating technique. If you search “HEP2go” which stands for Home Exercise Program to Go, there are some You Tube Videos.

Viewing 0 reply threads
Reply To: Reply #110532 in Physio may close / any online resources / or home case in the GTA (Toronto)?
Your information:

Cancel