Sort of confused

Welcome Forums Community Forum Sort of confused

• This topic is empty.
  • Creator
    Topic
  • #504 Reply
    Pam

On February 25th I was getting up off the bus seat and stood up, pivoted, lifted a bag and my backpack, and knew if messed something really bad. Turns out I ruptured my ACL, tore my MCL, tore my POL, did something with the meniscus capsules, and suffered an impaction fracture of my posteriolateral tibial plateau. The first doctor said use crutches, one crutch, no crutch, no brace. . . It was up to me. Second opinion said non-weight bearing for three weeks and physical therapy but as I left the doctor’s office, the assistant said it was fine to touch my toe. I started PT with the doctor’s office, and the first therapist focused on my MCL. Second one focused on getting me to stand on my leg. Third one said the MCL and POL would heal in 6-8 weeks but he had no idea how long it would take for the TPF to heal and be non-weight bearing.

Anyone have any thoughts? Do I put weight or not? BTW, I’m 60 years old, moderately active, walk for exercise, but also commute to DC in a big building and generally walk a minimum of 3 miles a day outside of my exercise.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
    • #505 Reply
      Pam

Also, the second doctor gave me a hinged brace. . . Not locked. . . Which confused the physical therapists.

Viewing 0 reply threads
Reply To: Reply #505 in Sort of confused
Your information:

Cancel