Tpf recovery

Welcome Forums Community Forum Tpf recovery

• This topic is empty.
  • Creator
    Topic
  • #2748 Reply
    Holly

So I just found this page and I am very excited! I had an accident on June 15th where I basically fell out of my SUV while retrieving something from a mailbox. I tried to get back into my SUV when my foot slipped off the brake and it began rolling. I fell, suffered the tibial,plateau fracture and then my SUV ran over my foot. I had one break and 5 fractures. I was in surgery the next day and now I have a plate and 7 screws. I guess I should add that I am 38 years old and not in the best of shape. I was NWB for about 6 weeks and I used a walker when necessary. I was then partial for about 4 weeks with the walker and then I transitioned to a cane, which I am using now. I went to therapy for 8 weeks and have continued therapy myself at home. I am scheduled to go back to work in 2 weeks, however, I am still experiencing pain and swelling and now am having some weird nerve pain in my thigh that is keeping me awake at night. My doc is in Europe so I have not spoken with him about it yet. Anyone else having this sort of thing? Any idea what it might be?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
    • #2752 Reply
      Lisa

Yes. The swelling and pain is due to the serious nature of a TPF. After a period of NWB various muscles, tendons, and nerve impulses are not used/used differently. Then getting back to weight bearing and walking is another change the body has to deal with.

Ice and elevation is your friend.

Take some time and read the entries on this website by various people who have suffered TPFs. There is comfort in knowing you are not alone in this.

Take care!

• #2755 Reply
      Lisa

Yes. The swelling and pain is due to the serious nature of a TPF. After a period of NWB various muscles, tendons, and nerve impulses are not used/used differently. Then getting back to weight bearing and walking is another change the body has to deal with.

Take some time and read the entries on this website by various people who have suffered TPFs. There is comfort in knowing you are not alone in this.

Take care!

• #2753 Reply
      Lisa

Take care!

• #2754 Reply
      Lisa

Take care!

Viewing 3 reply threads
Reply To: Reply #2752 in Tpf recovery
Your information:

Cancel