5 months post surgery still very limited ROM

Welcome Forums Community Forum 5 months post surgery still very limited ROM

• This topic is empty.
  • Creator
    Topic
  • #6139 Reply
    jeremy p

I broke my Tibia Plateau back in September and have had 4 surgerys because I developed compartment syndrome after my hardware surgery. Anyway my outpatient program was a little slow scheduling my PT appointments and I didnt end up bending my knee till about 2 months post surgery, I got to about 70 degrees before I was told to just continue doing my home exercises and not to schedule anymore sessions with my physical therapist but to schedule an appointment with my doctor in about 6 months. Well its been several months and I havent gotten much more ROM and am worried it may be too late to recover anymore function in my leg. I was just wondering if anyone else has had success in developing ROM 4 or more months post surgery? And if I need to be pressureing my doctor for more PT sessions? I did not have health insurance at the time of my accident so maybe ive gotten the back burner a bit who knows, but any suggestions might help.

Thanks guys.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Replies
    • #6218 Reply
      Eileen

Jeremy,

How does a PT make that decision?? See your OS as soon as possible. Get answers, get information, and advocate for yourself.

I wish you good healing.

Eileen

• #6217 Reply
      Andy

Jeremy p,

I also had compartment syndrome. I had 6 surgeries with the repair surgery almost 7 weeks ago. 2 plates and 15 screws. I have been going to PT for 3 weeks but only have 60 ROM. I hope you improve. I’m also worried about improvement but this forum find has really helped my mental state.

Viewing 1 reply thread
Reply To: 5 months post surgery still very limited ROM
Your information: