Fell while climbing

Welcome Forums Community Forum Fell while climbing

• This topic is empty.
  • Creator
    Topic
  • #1639 Reply
    Lisa

I fell 30 feet off a mountain on Sunday July 13. I had to be rescued by helicopter in Sequoia National Park. I just saw my doctor yesterday and no course of action yet prescribed. I have a TPF as well as a tibial spine avulsion. No level of severity diagnosed yet. I am in a leg brace without much pain, am icing and trying to keep the flexing…

I am so glad I found this site and it is very helpful. Best healing wishes to all of you.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
    • #2196 Reply
      LisaB

Here is my latest news – I had good news yesterday as well. After being NWB for 6 weeks after my accident (tibial spine avulsion injury), I was told that the knee is strong and the bone has healed.

My doctor told me to start putting 25% weight on it with two crutches for one week, and every 3 days going to more and more weight.

Next week I am going down to a single crutch (interestingly, on the opposite side of my injury – my right knee was injured, so I am to use my left crutch).

After 2 weeks, No more crutches and I can start walking.

I am starting physical therapy today, twice/week for the next several months, and hope to be running in 4 weeks.

Best, LisaB

Viewing 0 reply threads
Reply To: Fell while climbing
Your information: