Fractured 3/4 lower tibia and fibula

Welcome Forums Community Forum Fractured 3/4 lower tibia and fibula

• This topic is empty.
  • Creator
    Topic
  • #2176 Reply
    N.K. Bhatia

Hi every body,
    I am N.K. Bhatia, 46 year diabetic (Type2) male. During a bus journey, sitting on the seat of rear Tyre, my left leg tibia and fibula (lower 3/4) fractured due to burst of bus Tyre. It was a uncommon accident, but it happened to me on 5 August 2014. Got operated for on 6th August: tibia was fixed with a rod and 6 screws and fibula was fixed with a plate and 6 screws. Got relieved from hospital on 16 August after stitch removal. Today, on 27 August, i saw this wonderfully good site for a patient like me. Since last 4 day, I am able to fold my knee fully, stretch and keep up my leg fully, movement of tows etc and putting 10-12 kg weight through walker while going to bathroom (12 meter, thrice a day) and to terrace (20 meter twice a day) as per the advice of my OS. In your post, it is mentioned that weight should not be put on the injured leg for initial 6 weeks or so, please tell me that.. am I on right way as for as putting of 10-12 kg weight on injured leg or otherwise.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
    • #2407 Reply
      N.K. Bhatia

Thanks Eileen and Marion gibbins for yours kind reply, actually my fracture was transverse (simple); and may be due to that reason, doctor has asked me PWB (up to 10-12 kg). But I have taken care not to put more than 10 Kg weight in my 4th week, which is under progress. Thanks again, such conversation gives a lot of relief and comfort. Thanks again

• #2357 Reply
      Eileen

N.K.

If the bone is fully stable, maybe they are letting you use it. With a TPF, most people are NWB for at least 6 weeks. Then PWB slowly after that.

Eileen

• #2243 Reply
      marion gibbins

I was told 6 to 8 wks before putting weight on the injured leg ,and an X ray was taken first.I then practiced a few days inbetween parallel bars putting weight onto the good then injured leg .When the weight was evenly distributed I was allowed onto crutches and now can walk short distances in the house without any aid ,but not without pain .

Viewing 2 reply threads
Reply To: Fractured 3/4 lower tibia and fibula
Your information: