Hip & Back

Welcome Forums Community Forum Hip & Back

• This topic is empty.
  • Creator
    Topic
  • #1659 Reply
    Rob Williams

My surgery was 5 years ago – competitive wakeboarding, 40 years old at the time – I have plate, screws and bone graft – I have experienced pain in my hip and lower back ever since. Has anybody else had this issue? If so, what are the remedies?? Also, to this day I can only make short strides (steps) while jogging, I still have trouble making large strides w/out pain in back of knee.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Replies
    • #1764 Reply
      Rob Williams

I have considered yogo – I typically stretch every morning – Thanks.

• #1675 Reply
      kathleen

Hi Rob,
      my surgery was 15 months ago – fell off some rocks while hiking – and had a plate and 9 screws put in to repair my TPF. Obviously, you know first hand how hard recovery is and full recovery? at this point I am doubtful. I also have fairly constant hip and lower back pain and attribute that to my erratic stride and residual limp (which most don’t notice but I can feel is not entirely fluid). I have been able to return to hiking, downhill is a slow go, but doing yoga seems to help the most with my back & hip. I try to modify extreme back muscle poses and feel that this is probably the only activity that has brought me some relief, pain relievers aside. I also sleep with an extra pillow as a vertical body pillow and find this helps a bit. Hoping to find more improvement as time goes on and wish you the best in dealing and with your own personal recovery.

Viewing 1 reply thread
Reply To: Hip & Back
Your information: