Medial Plateau Pain

Welcome Forums Community Forum Medial Plateau Pain

• This topic is empty.
  • Creator
    Topic
  • #5323 Reply
    Yariv

Hello:)

I’m 7 months after a TP surgery and kind of stucking with my recovering…. My physiotherapist don’t really know what to do with me, all the doctors say different things… So, maybe your can help me more because you’v been, or you are, on the same boat( -)…

So- I had a “bad” tibial plateau fracture from a motorcycle accident (type IV). I had a big surgery that took 3 hours. I have a medial and a rear plates.

All my recovering was pretty slow and hard. FWB just after 16 weeks. Because of the medial plateau pain and a large drawer movement of the knee, I made a MRI scan 3 months ago that showed a torn medial meniscus, but somehow- ACL and PCL are ok (One doctor sayed that I have “a lot of pressure medially and an ongoing arthrosis medially” as well). I didn’t do a surgery to fix my meniscus…

Now, i can’t walk to much and i don’t walk normally. If I try to walk normally I have a pain in my medial plateau. so i kind of walk “softly” on my injured leg. If I need to walk more than 100 meters I prefer to take my bicycle. I do every 2 days exercises to develop my injured leg muscles, that still, look far away from my healthy leg muscles.

Is it normal to be in this condition 7 months after surgery?? (Im 27 years old, healthy & in good shape..). Do you have some advises to reduce the medial plateau pain?
    Do you know maybe what “Valgus Orthesis” is? Do you recommend it? or maybe other products??

Thank you very much for reading:) hope it was not to long…
    Yariv

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Replies
    • #5325 Reply
      Mickey

Hi, I’m a nurse and have a TPF (1 wk ago) I’ve worked in the OR for many years I DO know that valgus means foot. It’s all Latin if u want to google it. I’m extremely frustrated. Have medial TPF w stage 2 tear to MCL
      I only fell on 3 steps but knew it had to be bad cuz the pain made me want to vomit. I can’t tolerate the splint or crutches. Being home alone is a nightmare.
      Well, I hope you get ur answers and feel better soon

• #5324 Reply
      Mickey

Hi, I’m a nurse and have a TPF (1 wk ago) I’ve worked in the OR for many years I DO know that valgus means foot. It’s all Latin if u want to google it. I’m extremely frustrated. Have medial TPF w stage 2 year to MCL
      I only fell on 3 steps but knew it had to be bad cuz the pain made me want to vomit. I can’t tolerate the splint or crutches. Being home alone is a nightmare.
      Well, I hope you get ur answers and feel better soon

Viewing 1 reply thread
Reply To: Medial Plateau Pain
Your information: