Returning to work

Welcome Forums Community Forum Returning to work

• This topic is empty.
  • Creator
    Topic
  • #5914 Reply
    Rose

Hello, I am 8 weeks post-op from my left TPF ORIF. I have been FWB x 4 weeks. My PT was progressing well however, I developed left hip/thigh/ankle pain. My leg is still weak and by the end of the day I’m in pain. I do not sleep well at all because of the pain that comes during the night. I am starting to worry about having to go back to work in 3 weeks. I am a nurse on a very busy labor & delivery floor, on my feet over 12 hours.A lot of walking, pushing stretchers, etc. Any words of wisdom?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Replies
    • #6061 Reply
      Eileen

Rose,

I returned to teaching just weeks after FWB. The standing and walking–less than what you do–caused patella tendon strain and pain. My PT gave me more therapy and home exercises. If you don’t have a PT, focus on stretching and strengthening to get yourself ready.

I hope you do well.

Eileen

• #6044 Reply
      Sue H

No words of wisdom but maybe words of encouragement! My tpf was 4 1/2 months ago and I’m now able to look back a little. What surprises me is how much progress is possible in a relatively short time. Today I walked about 4 miles in the snow with my dogs. Even a few weeks ago I wouldn’t have thought that possible! I’m sleeping better too although I do use either cocodamol or ibuprufen if my knee is really painful. So, just stay positive and hopefully all will be well.Good luck.

Viewing 1 reply thread
Reply To: Returning to work
Your information: